Monday 12 November 2018

Self image affirmations ( Courtesy: Coaching academy)

Self-image is the mental picture we have of ourselves, simply put it’s our own opinion and view of who we are. This internal image is often a combination of our physical attributes, such as our height, weight, hair colour, etc., as well as the parts of our identity that we have learned. These learnt factors can consist of attributes that have discovered ourselves through personal experiences or by internalising the judgments of others.
Our self-image includes:
- What you think you look like
- How you perceive your personality 
- The kind of person you believe you are
- What you believe others think of you
- The status you feel you have
- How well liked you are (both by yourself and your perception of how much others like you). 
These different factors interweave to create your overall sense of self. As such, our self-image is important as it often directly related to our self-esteem and self-confidence. This is because if the image of how you see yourself and how you believe others see you is low, it can be difficult to believe in your worth. It is important to nurture your self-image by surrounding yourself with people who lift you up and internally with self-care. One great way to do this is through reciting positive statements or affirmations each day. Daily affirmations are a great way to boost a positive self-image as they reinforce and motivate a desired situation and goal.
Here are 10 daily affirmations to build a positive self-image: 
1. I am capable and smart. 
2. I believe in myself.
3. I surround myself with people who bring out the best in me.
4. I love who I have become.
5. I am on a journey of self-growth and love. 
6. My thoughts, words and actions are all aligned for me to be my authentic self. 
7. I acknowledge my own self-worth.
8. I deserve the love I give myself. 
9. I will continue to learn and grow. 
10. I wear a backpack of self-belief every day. 
These powerful affirmations will remind you each day of your worth and arm you with the language to help you thrive. You can recite them all, choose the specific affirmations which resonate with you the most or create your own to repeat daily. In doing so, you will reinforce a positive and healthy self-image, which will allow your self-confidence and worth to grow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Self image affirmations ( Courtesy: Coaching academy)

Self-image is the mental picture we have of ourselves, simply put it’s our own opinion and view of who we are. This internal image is ofte...